Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dave Matthews

You watched the rain clouds roll over the hill to the east. Underneath them, a gray mist. Rain was coming. Everything I had brought with me on my back. In the campgrounds surrounding you, cars and tents. No shelters were safe from the rain, so you embraced it.

Finally, when the rain stopped, the sun peaked through the clouds. "One Day" by Matisyahu was echoing throughout the campground as individuals came out from the torrential downpour minutes earlier. The weather remained like this all weekend.

Most people would consider the weekend absolutely miserable, but it was an amazing experience. I didn't know what the future held, but it didn't matter. I was surrounded by ones I loved and enjoyed. I hope and anticipate more experiences like this in the future.

No comments: